Posted in News and Updates | Comments Off on 3.40 Firmware and Software Released
Firmware Rev 3.40 is up!
We’ve posted rev 3.40 PC setup software and 3.40 firmware for the SK-540 and SK-720. The first step is to install the new PC software .
Note that new firmware for the SK-LCD is not yet up.
* The bug in the SK720’s self-level mode selection is fixed
* The governor is improved, and some bugs fixed
* The governor should now work without the blades on the heli
* The governor has a bail-out mode (details below)
* The SK-GPS recovery is more aggressive, and after recovery altitude-slew is disabled so the pilot doesn’t have to center the stick a few seconds after rescue.
* For helis with an elevator-nodding problem, it should be much reduced (goblins, trex 500’s, etc)
* The starting heli setups are edited, based on advice from our team pilots
Using the governor bail out mode:
* Set your throttle range as per normal, so with throttle hold off, you get 0 to 100% displayed in the Throttle channel under “inputs from receiver”.
* Now set throttle hold to display -10% or less.
* If you start with your radio putting out a throttle value of around 0% (collective stick down, idle up N, throttle hold off), then you should get a normal spool up.
* But if the governor has seen positive RPM in the last 30s, and you release throttle hold while in idle-up (radio’s throttle above zero), then you get a much faster spool up.
* Short version: Set throttle hold to -10% or less, and always spool up for take off from idle-up N, throttle hold off.
Preordered SK-GPS modules are shipping today and Monday! Half of preorder customers will receive tracking numbers today and the rest will be out the door Monday. Orders to dealers will ship throughout the week.
This has been a long time coming, and here at Skookum we would like to thank our loyal customers. We’re looking forward to continuing to provide the highest quality products we can, and for all of you to continue enjoying them.
We are now including a tri-colour superbright EX-LED to display the GPS’s status from a distance, and we have decided to delay shipping rather than not include this part. The SK-GPS will also be shipping with an improved anti-vibration kit.
We sincerely apologize for delaying so close to our shipping date, but until today we were expecting parts to arrive and orders to ship on January 1st. We expect everything to be in order within 2 weeks or so.
Preorders for the SK-GPS will be available starting today! We have a limited stock (25 modules) at Skookum Direct, the rest are headed to our dealers. We expect the first production run won’t last long, so get your order in while you still can! For the first run we’re also including free shipping within North America and discounted shipping to Europe and Asia. Estimated ship dates are January 1st, 2013.
We’ve also got a teaser video from both single rotor and quadcopter development, enjoy!